Those who endorse Matt Pina for Des Moines City Council
- Dave Upthegrove – State Representative “Matt is a thoughtful public servant who cares genuinely about our community. He has been a steady, responsible and valuable member of the City Council.
- Tina Orwall – State Representative and Deputy Speaker Pro Tempore
- Bernie Dorsey – President, Highline School Board
- Michael Spear – Vice President, Highline School Board
"Council Member Pina understands that the duty of those in public service is to represent the people and bring the voice of the majority, not the voice of the one elected, to the table. His work in business and with people coupled with wise decision making process makes him a valued asset to the council and as a partner with Highline. He has served this community for over a decade now and I would thank him and support his continued service for as long as he is willing to provide it."
- Jim and Vicky Polhamus – Retired Fire Chief
Matt is "our man in Des Moines”
- Wayne and Susan Corey – Des Moines Farmers Market Board
“We feel Matt has done great work in his first term on the city council and would like to see him continue with making the Des Moines community the best in can be.”
- Al and Cathy Isaac – Des Moines Rotary (Past
President and community supporters)
“We would be honored to endorse you!”
- Eduardo I Pina & Norma M Pina - Past
Highline School Board President and Des Moines City Councilman
We endorse Matt Pina for the Des Moines City Council because -
• Matt’s dedicated support for road maintenance and a well-trained police department with an adequate number of staff is vital to our community.
• His business sense for working within a long-term balanced budget is vital for the City.
• His vision for maintaining views from our homes, and his support for Des Moines business is key to keeping a vital community.
• His desire to maintain our parks and public building is consistent with the desires of the majority of citizens.
- Florence McMullin
- Patrick and Marianne Nardo
- Kathy J. Kennedy
- Dave Kaplan - Washington Self-Insurers Association
- Kaylene Moon
- Bill and Joanne Craig
Local Business Owners and Groups:
- Seattle King County Realtors
- Tony Hettler – Owner/Broker John L. Scott
“I am pleased to see that Matt is running for the Des Moines City Council again. His dedication and efforts to promote and improve our community and business environment during these difficult times are very much appreciated by myself and my company. I support his candidacy and look forward to his return to the council.”
- Bill and Robyn Garner - Des Moines Business
Owners of R & R Construction and Garner Properties LLC
We have been acquainted with Matt and his wife since about 1997. We have always found him to be fair, honest, intuitive and meticulous in his dealings with us and other members of the Des Moines business community.
During the time that he has been an elected official of the Des Moines Council he has pushed forward to improve and advance the welfare of the small businesses and administration of the City of Des Moines.
We fully support Matt and his efforts to be re-elected to the Des Moines City Council.
Bill and Robyn Garner
- Carri and David Litowitz – Owners of
Landmark Homes and community supporters
“We have known Matt for a number of years and we are impressed with his conscientious and well thought out solutions to the many problems that he encounters in the city. His mentality of finding solutions is exactly what we need on the council!”
If you’d like to add your name to the list above, go to the Contact page, complete the contact form, and be sure to check the box that says "Yes! I endorse Matt Pina for Des Moines City Council!” Thank you for your support!
All titles associated with individual endorsements are for identification purposes only and are not to imply endorsement by the associated entity.